Report for purpose of magazine

Report for purpose of magazine 

Outline of your film magazine and its purpose
The purpose of my magazine is to inform and entertain the reader. The magazine gives a chance for advertisers of a film or T.V. show to promote and share with readers about their products. A film magazine is meant to provide information about a specific media product like film, T.V., music and games. These are all things that I will cover in my magazine I extreme detail. This will be interviews with director and actors or even just people that worked close in a film, and they will give insider information about the film they’re working on. They can also tell us about their experience work on it and what it was like. The will be reviews of the latest movie in the main stream or even more indie. They will be done be a range of critics. With a range of differing opinions. There will be reader recommendations where we will talk about and recommend films worth watching that may not be in the public eye. We will have on set exclusives with useful and interesting behind the scenes details.
Target audience
To have a target audience is important because you know who will seeing your magazine and it gives you a direct objective to set your eyes on. My target audience will be for 15-year-old to 20-year olds. This is because these are the general ages that made the most money for films now a days based on results in the questionnaire that was taken by mostly teenagers.

Production costs
It is important for me to predict how much it will cost for the magazine to make and distribute because it shows how much money that is going into it. The production cost for the magazine will be £20,000. £ 10,000 of that will be going to the actually manufacturing of the magazines that will be distributed. £4,000 of that £10,000 will go to the writers of the magazine. The other £6,000 will mostly go to editor, illustrators and photographers. The other £5,000 of the full £20,000 will be used for all the exclusives and interviews and all the other insider information that we get. The other £5000 will go to electronic distributers like apple and amazon for their reading services they provide. Each individual magazine will cost £3.99 because in my questionnaire that was what people said they would prefer to pay.



 Where will I be selling the magazine?
I think that it is good to sell my magazine in a range of places so it can get the maximum amount of exposer. One of the places I would sell my magazine would be WH Smith because this is the largest company in the country that sell books. I’ll also be selling at forbidden planet because my magazine caters more to the people that shop there. I think it will also be smart to distribute the magazine electronically though e books an apple.

 How often will I come out?
I think it will be best for my magazine to come out every month because it allows for all the big films to come out and so the news can build up so we can cover it. Also, it will be good because it gives us time to gather information and get interviews in time for its next release.

 Conclusion 
All this information that I’m gathering is important because it helps me find out where I’m going to distribute it and how much it will cost. It helps me know why I am making the magazine and the actual purpose of it and why people will buy it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magazine Article